Grounded Point Of View – Weekly Photo Challenge
I learned a few years ago the importance of “Grounding” practices.
Grounding practices are a form of meditation and energy work. When you “ground” yourself, you are grounding or balancing your spiritual energy.
The two grounding practices I do the most are Yoga and standing on the Earth barefoot. Today I went to the beach and stood barefoot in the sand for fifteen minutes with my eyes closed while taking long slow deep breaths. I immediately felt my thoughts slow down and a feeling of well-being come over me. It’s best to do this form of grounding either on the beach, near water or on grass or soil as it is true connection to the earth.
For more information on Grounding:
(C) 2013 Linda Long Writes
All Rights Reserved
About Linda Long WritesI am an individual who believes in man's ability to overcome adversity and triumph. Life has taken me on many journeys. But, the most important trip I've taken is the one that leads right down into the bottom of my soul. That's where I live. I am an open person and willing share, encourage, and befriend all like-minded individuals. I live and practice the Law of Attraction. I practice Gratitude and Giving every day as a way to source my own personal and spiritual growth. I am Yogini and plan to pursue teacher training in the next year or so. As for my blog, my blog is written from the heart and is about my quest to the best I can be in this life. And, I also post my authentically written poetry on my blog. A couple of notes about my blog: 1. I post three to five times a week depending on inspiration and the flow of creative juices. 2. I ’m always looking for inspiration. Please feel free to send me a message with suggestions or suggested reading materials. 3. My blog is considered a “lifestyle” blog. It is based on self reflection and personal experiences. At times, my blogs can be a bit heavy, deep or overwhelming. But, at other times, they are just plan filled with the nonsense and garbage in my head. Either way, they are honest, genuine offerings coming from within my soul and, hopefully, touching yours.
Celiac Disease Awareness
- 56,994 hits
- Endangered Species Natural Dark Chocolate bar w/ Blueberries is Delicious. They donated 10% of their profits to endanged species nonprofits 5 hours ago
- I've made my peace w/ this crazy heart of mine. I'm doing everything I can do to be proactive & responsible. I can't worry about it anymore 8 hours ago
- Grounded: a "Groundbreaking" Documentary About The Healing Power Of The Earth (2013) (trailer) filmsforaction.org/watch/grounded… 9 hours ago
- I am missing walking barefoot on the beach. Walking barefoot on sand/soil is my favorite grounding practice but hard to do in Winter. 9 hours ago
- While on the treadmill during the Stress test my Cardiologist said he could tell I worked out. That made me feel accomplished. :-) 22 hours ago
- Hypnosis really works for me.I'm already feeling some positive affects from my session on Friday.The CD you get w/ appt really cements it in 23 hours ago
- Sometimes you have let people fail for them to see the truth. It'd hard knowing what's coming but how will they know if we always help them 23 hours ago
- Sometimes I let people think I dont notice things just to see what they'll do. But I am an intuitive perceptive person I know the truth. 23 hours ago
- As I work daily to protect my energy, the "takers" in my life are less empowered. They dont like the change very much. I, however,LOVE it:-) 23 hours ago
- Thank you God for giving me the fortitude to change my life. I am thankful my life now has options rather than challenges. 23 hours ago
- Stress test all done. I think I did ok but don't know for a couple days. The doctor has to look at the pictures. Time for coffee:-) 1 day ago
- If you are in my past, it's for a reason. I am not interested in revisiting the past with anyone. 1 day ago
- On my way to Penn Cardiology in Philly for my Stress Test & Echo.Expecting everything to go good & looking forward to coffee around 1pm:-) 1 day ago
- In the middle of mile 2 on the treadmill I had an intense need to get on my Yoga mat & stretch my body out.Yoga was just what my body needed 1 day ago
- My brother in law had a heart attack at the Linc during an Eagles game 12/7/03.BOB chants start at 6pm this sat at the Rooster. He is missed 2 days ago
- I will miss drinking this w/e.Shore house reunion at Conmurphys sat at 2pm followed by 10yr anniversary Irish Wake:-) for my BIL at 6pm. 2 days ago
- Dark Chocolate covered Granny Smith Apples are DELICIOUS! I got them at Edible Arrangements! 3 days ago
- I've been nervous all afternoon and I dont know why. It's freaking me out a bit. 3 days ago