Photo Challenge – Nostalgic
This is the Anchorage Tavern. It’s in Somers Point, NJ. I moved to the Jersey Shore from Philadelphia, PA in 1994. The Anchorage was the first bar I went to when I moved to the area.
I post a picture of the Anchorage for the Nostalgic Photo Challenge because I had so many good times there over the last 19 years.
While I no longer drink alcohol due to a health issue, I fondly remember the good times I had while drinking here and the friends I made while sitting on “Skid Row” or shooting pool. Now, I occasionally stop in there for dinner or to visit the bartenders who are now personal friends. But it’s nothing like the old days of pints of cold beer on hot summer days or a Pint of Guiness when I was in the mood.
I don’t miss drinking at all. It makes me sick and it is simply no longer an option for me. But I certainly miss the fun silly times and the people.
Life moves on as they say…
About Linda Long WritesI am an individual who believes in man's ability to overcome adversity and triumph. Life has taken me on many journeys. But, the most important trip I've taken is the one that leads right down into the bottom of my soul. That's where I live. I am an open person and willing share, encourage, and befriend all like-minded individuals. I live and practice the Law of Attraction. I practice Gratitude and Giving every day as a way to source my own personal and spiritual growth. I am Yogini and plan to pursue teacher training in the next year or so. As for my blog, my blog is written from the heart and is about my quest to the best I can be in this life. And, I also post my authentically written poetry on my blog. A couple of notes about my blog: 1. I post three to five times a week depending on inspiration and the flow of creative juices. 2. I ’m always looking for inspiration. Please feel free to send me a message with suggestions or suggested reading materials. 3. My blog is considered a “lifestyle” blog. It is based on self reflection and personal experiences. At times, my blogs can be a bit heavy, deep or overwhelming. But, at other times, they are just plan filled with the nonsense and garbage in my head. Either way, they are honest, genuine offerings coming from within my soul and, hopefully, touching yours.
Celiac Disease Awareness
- 57,185 hits
- On my way home to have coffee w/ my bf. Her next Cancer surgery is Tuesday morning. We're meeting today to have one more normal day together 9 hours ago
- Yesterday was one of those days I know I will remember for the rest of my life. The love that surrounded me was life affirming. 9 hours ago
- Whatever the question is, my answer is Love. I'm an affection person. I can't help myself. I need to touch, hug & show my love:-) 19 hours ago
- I can't even believe how f'n good God is sometimes. So many hugs today from friends & family. I am thankful for an open heart. #Love #joy 19 hours ago
- Just had a late night breakfast at a diner with my very tired but hungry Mother after spending a day barhopping sober. It's been a great day 19 hours ago
- Lunch at Conmurphys Irish Pub in Center City PHL & the Bob Darragh 10 Yr memorial party at the Rooster. Barhopping & I don't even drink:-) 1 day ago
- I no longer push my body to its edge in Yoga.I have nothing to prove.I dont compete.I do what I enjoy doing & sit the others out.liberating! 1 day ago
- I'm wildly attracted to Mr. Blue Eyes.he makes me feel like I'm in high school again.I get nervous & excited when he's near me. It's fun:-) 1 day ago
- Very challenging Yoga class. I'll be sore tomorrow.It felt good. The Yin poses got all the stress out of my body. well, most of it anyway:-) 1 day ago
- Going to a Yinyasa class tonight. 1/2 Vinyasa(flow/Yang) yoga and half Yin Yoga. :-) 2 days ago
- Garden Lites Vegetable Souffles are my new favorite lunch. Today it's Pizza Souffle. :+) 2 days ago
- Endangered Species Natural Dark Chocolate bar w/ Blueberries is Delicious. They donated 10% of their profits to endanged species nonprofits 3 days ago
- I've made my peace w/ this crazy heart of mine. I'm doing everything I can do to be proactive & responsible. I can't worry about it anymore 3 days ago
- Grounded: a "Groundbreaking" Documentary About The Healing Power Of The Earth (2013) (trailer) filmsforaction.org/watch/grounded… 3 days ago
- I am missing walking barefoot on the beach. Walking barefoot on sand/soil is my favorite grounding practice but hard to do in Winter. 3 days ago
- While on the treadmill during the Stress test my Cardiologist said he could tell I worked out. That made me feel accomplished. :-) 3 days ago
- Hypnosis really works for me.I'm already feeling some positive affects from my session on Friday.The CD you get w/ appt really cements it in 3 days ago
- Sometimes you have let people fail for them to see the truth. It'd hard knowing what's coming but how will they know if we always help them 3 days ago
- Sometimes I let people think I dont notice things just to see what they'll do. But I am an intuitive perceptive person I know the truth. 3 days ago