What is Reiki?
I received my first Reiki treatment over 10 years ago from a family member who owns a Day Spa in Pennsylvania. I found the treatment so theraputic that I’ve had the treatments done regularly since. Reiki slows down my thoughts and balances the energy in my Charkas. Mostly, I feel completely at peace and relaxed after a session. Nothing hurts. Everything feels good. And, all the nagging aches and pains we have as we get older melts away, at least for a little while.
I received my certification in Reiki Level I in June 2012. I’m practicing and preparing for my Reiki Level II certification in September of 2012. I also plan to get my Reiki Master Certification by the end of this year.
While I am practicing and getting ready for my level II certification, I’ve been offering free 30 and 60 minutes sessions to close family and friends. Once I get my Level II, I will start seeking contract work. Technically I can charge for a session now. But, I feel better offering them for free while I become more comfortable in my new craft. I look forward to obtaining my Master Certification so I can one day teach and share my passion with others.
While I will charge a fee for my professional services in the future, I plan to also offer free community Reiki sessions as way of sharing goodwill and reaching out the members of the community who can’t afford to pay for the service but need the assistance of healing hands and good energy. I also plan to donate my services to local health related organizations to aid chronically and terminally ill people with pain and healing. That is why it is so important for me to keep myself in good shape mentally, physically and emotionally. Yoga, exercise, meditation and praying are all grounding exercises that balance my energy and help me offer my clients the best possible healing experience.
For those who aren’t familiar with Reiki, per www.reiki.org, “Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by “laying on hands” and is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one’s “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.”
Below is a short video by Reiki Integrative Health Care http://reikiinmedicine.org/ which also helps to explain the healing benefits of a Reiki Sessions.
About Linda Long WritesI am an individual who believes in man's ability to overcome adversity and triumph. Life has taken me on many journeys. But, the most important trip I've taken is the one that leads right down into the bottom of my soul. That's where I live. I am an open person and willing share, encourage, and befriend all like-minded individuals. I live and practice the Law of Attraction. I practice Gratitude and Giving every day as a way to source my own personal and spiritual growth. I am Yogini and plan to pursue teacher training in the next year or so. As for my blog, my blog is written from the heart and is about my quest to the best I can be in this life. And, I also post my authentically written poetry on my blog. A couple of notes about my blog: 1. I post three to five times a week depending on inspiration and the flow of creative juices. 2. I ’m always looking for inspiration. Please feel free to send me a message with suggestions or suggested reading materials. 3. My blog is considered a “lifestyle” blog. It is based on self reflection and personal experiences. At times, my blogs can be a bit heavy, deep or overwhelming. But, at other times, they are just plan filled with the nonsense and garbage in my head. Either way, they are honest, genuine offerings coming from within my soul and, hopefully, touching yours.
Celiac Disease Awareness
- 45,683 hits
- While using a Foam Roller,i rolled across a spot at the right base of my skull that had me seeing stars.I think I found source of my problem 18 hours ago
- I'm wasting a day resting in bed with meds and a heating pad b/c of my head/neck. I'm not liking it one bit. But was told I need to do this. 19 hours ago
- A coworker made me feel better today.she went through a similar stretch of health issues at my age;it passed. She feels great now.hormones? 1 day ago
- I have to believe that the last two years of my life happened for a reason. I'm suppose to learn something through this & help someone else. 1 day ago
- I had UBOs(unidentified bright objects) on my Brain MRI.Reading up now.usually seen in older ppl & seen in ppl w/headaches & Lymes disease 1 day ago
- Iron Deficient Anemia Information health.nytimes.com/health/guides/… 1 day ago
- I have a tendency to go 100 miles an hour until I crash into the wall. The problem is I never see the wall coming:;) 1 day ago
- When it's all said & done,you may go through the fire,through the flood,through the famine,but you'll come out standing strong - Joel Osteen 1 day ago
- Xray showed stenosis at C5 & C6; i'm not convinced I have Trigemenial Neuralgia. MRI on neck on Mon; will take meds until I see the neuro 1 day ago
- RT @SkypeTherapist: If you run away from your #ANXIETY it will always overtake you. Face it with #Mindfulness and watch it dissolve. Email … 2 days ago
- Looks like I will be altering my #yoga practices to be more head & neck friendly. Good idea I decided not to do teacher training. 2 days ago
- The Magic of Magnesium: A Mighty Mineral Essential to Health huffingtonpost.com/christiane-nor… 2 days ago
- When you are having a problem, you learn who is dependable & who is either out for themselves or just clueless with mixed up priorities. 2 days ago
- Mentally, physically & emotionally exhausted from the last two weeks. And a little frustrated with my body. 3 days ago
- Trigeminal neuralgia - drugs for month! Ugh!!! ninds.nih.gov/disorders/trig… 3 days ago
- I'm officially stoned on atavan & pain killers.but got through the MRI w/o anxiety. Relaxing & enjoying the buzz;looking at the bright side 3 days ago
- If I could do it all over again, I think I would be a Radiologist. The technology fascinates me. They give people answers & save lives 4 days ago