What is Reiki?
I received my first Reiki treatment over 10 years ago from a family member who owns a Day Spa in Pennsylvania. I found the treatment so theraputic that I’ve had the treatments done regularly since. Reiki slows down my thoughts and balances the energy in my Charkas. Mostly, I feel completely at peace and relaxed after a session. Nothing hurts. Everything feels good. And, all the nagging aches and pains we have as we get older melts away, at least for a little while.
I received my certification in Reiki Level I in June 2012. I’m practicing and preparing for my Reiki Level II certification in September of 2012. I also plan to get my Reiki Master Certification by the end of this year.
While I am practicing and getting ready for my level II certification, I’ve been offering free 30 and 60 minutes sessions to close family and friends. Once I get my Level II, I will start seeking contract work. Technically I can charge for a session now. But, I feel better offering them for free while I become more comfortable in my new craft. I look forward to obtaining my Master Certification so I can one day teach and share my passion with others.
While I will charge a fee for my professional services in the future, I plan to also offer free community Reiki sessions as way of sharing goodwill and reaching out the members of the community who can’t afford to pay for the service but need the assistance of healing hands and good energy. I also plan to donate my services to local health related organizations to aid chronically and terminally ill people with pain and healing. That is why it is so important for me to keep myself in good shape mentally, physically and emotionally. Yoga, exercise, meditation and praying are all grounding exercises that balance my energy and help me offer my clients the best possible healing experience.
For those who aren’t familiar with Reiki, per www.reiki.org, “Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by “laying on hands” and is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one’s “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.”
Below is a short video by Reiki Integrative Health Care http://reikiinmedicine.org/ which also helps to explain the healing benefits of a Reiki Sessions.
About Linda Long WritesI am an individual who believes in man's ability to overcome adversity and triumph. Life has taken me on many journeys. But, the most important trip I've taken is the one that leads right down into the bottom of my soul. That's where I live. I am an open person and willing share, encourage, and befriend all like-minded individuals. I live and practice the Law of Attraction. I practice Gratitude and Giving every day as a way to source my own personal and spiritual growth. I am Yogini and plan to pursue teacher training in the next year or so. As for my blog, my blog is written from the heart and is about my quest to the best I can be in this life. And, I also post my authentically written poetry on my blog. A couple of notes about my blog: 1. I post three to five times a week depending on inspiration and the flow of creative juices. 2. I ’m always looking for inspiration. Please feel free to send me a message with suggestions or suggested reading materials. 3. My blog is considered a “lifestyle” blog. It is based on self reflection and personal experiences. At times, my blogs can be a bit heavy, deep or overwhelming. But, at other times, they are just plan filled with the nonsense and garbage in my head. Either way, they are honest, genuine offerings coming from within my soul and, hopefully, touching yours.
Celiac Disease Awareness
- 57,097 hits
- I no longer push my body to its edge in Yoga.I have nothing to prove.I dont compete.I do what I enjoy doing & sit the others out.liberating! 8 hours ago
- I'm wildly attracted to Mr. Blue Eyes.he makes me feel like I'm in high school again.I get nervous & excited when he's near me. It's fun:-) 9 hours ago
- Very challenging Yoga class. I'll be sore tomorrow.It felt good. The Yin poses got all the stress out of my body. well, most of it anyway:-) 11 hours ago
- Going to a Yinyasa class tonight. 1/2 Vinyasa(flow/Yang) yoga and half Yin Yoga. :-) 15 hours ago
- Garden Lites Vegetable Souffles are my new favorite lunch. Today it's Pizza Souffle. :+) 19 hours ago
- Endangered Species Natural Dark Chocolate bar w/ Blueberries is Delicious. They donated 10% of their profits to endanged species nonprofits 1 day ago
- I've made my peace w/ this crazy heart of mine. I'm doing everything I can do to be proactive & responsible. I can't worry about it anymore 1 day ago
- Grounded: a "Groundbreaking" Documentary About The Healing Power Of The Earth (2013) (trailer) filmsforaction.org/watch/grounded… 1 day ago
- I am missing walking barefoot on the beach. Walking barefoot on sand/soil is my favorite grounding practice but hard to do in Winter. 1 day ago
- While on the treadmill during the Stress test my Cardiologist said he could tell I worked out. That made me feel accomplished. :-) 2 days ago
- Hypnosis really works for me.I'm already feeling some positive affects from my session on Friday.The CD you get w/ appt really cements it in 2 days ago
- Sometimes you have let people fail for them to see the truth. It'd hard knowing what's coming but how will they know if we always help them 2 days ago
- Sometimes I let people think I dont notice things just to see what they'll do. But I am an intuitive perceptive person I know the truth. 2 days ago
- As I work daily to protect my energy, the "takers" in my life are less empowered. They dont like the change very much. I, however,LOVE it:-) 2 days ago
- Thank you God for giving me the fortitude to change my life. I am thankful my life now has options rather than challenges. 2 days ago
- Stress test all done. I think I did ok but don't know for a couple days. The doctor has to look at the pictures. Time for coffee:-) 2 days ago
- If you are in my past, it's for a reason. I am not interested in revisiting the past with anyone. 2 days ago
- On my way to Penn Cardiology in Philly for my Stress Test & Echo.Expecting everything to go good & looking forward to coffee around 1pm:-) 3 days ago